Saturday, July 7, 2012

Grrrrrr

Hi Mark and Cathy,
Thankyou for your E-mail.
We are in the process of building a house next to yours.
Unfortunately privacy can sometimes be an unavoidable issue.
We have erected temporary fencing on the boundary to contain excess building materials and rubbish but when you are building a garage wall on the adjoining boundary it is impossible not to use the adjoining land.
I believe that your landscaping is premature and damaging trees and paving is the last thing I want to do.
I personally moved a potted tree and pavers that were placed near the soon to be erected brick wall so that they were not damaged.
The topsoil was spread over the area. (should not have been placed there in the first instance). Let alone the garden edge set-out markings.
The garage wall is complete and your side of the boundary was left clean and tidy.
I take pride in the manner my employees and sub-contractors carry out there work and apologise if they have unintentionally upset you.
The Bricklaying trades will be completed in the next week or so, As discussed previously once the Brickwork is pressure cleaned, I will notify you
so your landscaping can commence.
Regards
Darren Clarke
Director
H & D Developments pty ltd.
Ok so this is the letter sent to us in reply to Mark's very polite email remarking on:

1. the unexpected encroachment of construction materials (metal fences etc.) and workers on our garden, leaving minimal privacy for the family.
2. the damaging effect of said people, and materials, in transit across our garden (pavers moved, markers on the ground lost etc.)
3. the loss of 5 or 6 barrow loads of top soil that was piled in readiness for spreading.

The overriding impression is of liberties being taken in the interests of convenience, which is not acceptable.
I am totally gobsmacked. Actually I was so livid, my temper got the best of me and I seethed like lava, and threatened to engulf the messenger (Mark) rather than the cause.
I still can not get over the fact that this builder thinks that my life should go on hold for the indefinite period that it takes for a house to be commenced and finalised.  Both blocks were made available in May last year and it took a year for them to begin building. As if it is reasonable to expect your neighbours to live on bare earth while you get around to building.  The block was bought by an investor, so there was no telling when it might begin. But why do I need to justify myself? This is my home. My land.
It is really so infuriating that I want to rave - yet I know the madness is so obvious to sane people, I do not need to say anything else!
Except that I have not enjoyed showering with a dozen men a meter from my crinkle glass bathroom window. I am torn between cringing to stay out of sight  - or shocking them with what I have to see when I am stripped in the morning. It isn't a pretty sight, let me tell you!
 PS There is rubbish through my yard and there are bricks and stuff in piles too, so the clean and tidy bit is a crock of not-clean-and-tidy.

No comments:

Post a Comment