Tuesday, June 24, 2014

All but finished!

This should be a long blog - but these days I am rarely at the computer.
So short blog it is!
Over the last couple of weeks Mark has been working away in the backyard to finish the path I started before summer took over. (I don't dig in the heat)
Mark's edging preparations and finally filled with stone

This last weekend Mark did extraordinary things with a wheelbarrow and between the two of us, 4 cubic meters of stone were shifted.
In the past I would have had to do it on my own. This time, I had a cold and was encouraged to take a back seat.
I wasn't quite an observer, but I put in a far more 'lady-like' effort with a rake and some shoveling.
The result is fantastic. 
The rocks were delivered, covered in a clay sludge. So as the rain has fallen over the last 36 hours, we have seen the yellow path become multi-hued. I will have to go out again with the camera when the sun reappears, but  have to share the progress shot. The final shot can come later when I have finished putting out fresh hay etc.
I am so proud to have take the garden from that first photo through to the last one there. 

And for all those who have heard of legend of camellia-eating-Ponyo dog - underneath the last daisy on the right I found a flowering camellia. Hidden away from his jaws, it flowered to celebrate as a finishing touch to the back yard garden.
Path, Mark, dog and camellia flower - a perfect accomplishment!
Magnificent!



No comments:

Post a Comment