Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Beautiful things

I have been spoiled. One simple gift and one spectacular and both make my heart happy.
Adrienne, Sylvia and Maree came and stitched on Friday night. My first (and only) visitors in a month. Adrienne brought flowers and I adore getting flowers. It takes some of the hardness out of all the new stuff.
And the completely overwhelming gift. Helen gave me a quilt!
 A while back Helen had this quilt for sale and I drooled seriously over it. I wanted it so much but I couldn't justify paying the small amount Helen was asking for it when I have so many quilts already. Helen aka Helen Godden aka Helen Goddess, world-famous-international-prize-winning-Helen seriously under prices her quilts.
But like I said, I couldn't imagine trying to justify it once I got home.

Well here we are, some time in the future and Helen remembered! She presented me with the quilt at a pre-Christmas nibbles at Joan's.
Helen pointed out the parallel story of the dragonfly emerging and my new life.
And I am utterly thrilled to pieces to have it hanging in my home.
 

It's perfect

No comments:

Post a Comment