Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Wiggle Room

My Darling Zafira is 10 years old. She has done her time ferrying the 6 of us around with the occasional emergency ride for the dog as well. But I think it is time to downsize and save on fuel and have a car with some warranty.
So I began hunting.
Where did I begin? Holden Cruze, Nissan Micras and then Mark mentioned the Hyundai i30. Now, from every single thing I have read about that car, it is a little beauty. The only thing is, I can't find one for private sale and the car yards are charging too much for it. Bother.
And then I asked about trade in- they offered me less than a quarter of what they sell them for.
???
I don't think so. Essentially they want me to donate my car. And they will sell me their car at full price. I used to give bigger discounts on my sewing machines.

Then I came across an add for the car pictured below. It is the 2009 Honda Jazz. 1.3l, automatic, 49K km.
I watched the add, and over time the price dropped by $1K. I rang and arranged a test drive. It was pouring rain and I couldn't see the dashboard because of the mad place of the steering wheel. He had put it where he guessed it would suit me. So the test drive wasn't the most confident piece of driving I have done. Looking past that, I have offered the fellow $500 less than his asking price and he has said yes!
I have done a REVs check, I have had the car inspected (all good) and I have checked that his log books are all up to date. Honda did the inspection and have said it is in great condition and even washed the car!

I thought at that point I would transfer the money into Prem's account and the car would be mine by the weekend.
However, he has said he wants to keep it until Sunday to 'take photos' of it. I wonder if that means he wants to show it to someone else?

That is somewhat annoying and I am wondering if I should spend Saturday looking at i30s again.....

The wiggle mobile- my big red car?

No comments:

Post a Comment