Monday, January 28, 2013

I love rain!

It has been a pretty hot summer. Days and days of blue skies and midday heat that forces you inside. Sticky oppressive heat that leaves you listless and drowsy.

But today it decided to rain!

I got up with a schedule of cleaning to do and I promised myself to be one with the lawn mower at the cool end of day. 

By early afternoon I was doing paperwork for the department of something or another so my big boys can get a study allowance. It used to go to me so I could pay to feed them, wash  and house them, etc. The Government has decided it is better to give them money and if they are nice chaps, they may give some to their dear old mum as board. Well that sucked nearly 2 hours out of my life that I can't get back. I would rather be in labour!

And then as we went to get Kate's school uniforms to hem, it started to rain. My washing was still on the line but I was thrilled.

I have sat in my room, working on the uniforms, hearing the cars swoosh by on the road. The air has a lovely crispness. I hate hemming clothes, but how much happier to be doing it on a rainy day!
I am sure we have had more rain than the official gauge: My sheets were very wet when I rescued them from the clothes line. The irony of having to put them in the dryer after all the heat of the last few weeks was not lost on me,

No comments:

Post a Comment