Wednesday, January 23, 2013

More on Sanity

On Monday I got stuck back into work after a 3 week holiday with the kids and Mark. Some at home and some down the coast.
I think it counts as the best holiday I have had in 20 years. More than 20 actually. No nappies, shared house work and great company. I haven't had that in a holiday for more years that I can figure. No wonder I loved it.
Dinner at Taylors' with Mum and Dad; my Kids and Jock's kids; and Mark.
On the topic of having Mark come and stay - 
sigh
Normally I am happy to pour my whole soul onto the blog, but this little nugget of happiness seems too precious to throw out to the world so I am keeping it close to my heart!

So why did I call the blog 'More on Sanity'?

Last time I wrote I was definitely feeling rocky. Over the course of the holiday, I felt my feet settle underneath me and found solid ground. By the time I made it back to work, I felt fabulous. I felt a clarity that I haven't been able to grasp for months. 


Sitting on the deck at Bemagui. Jazz band and sunshine
I have felt for a while now that I haven't really had a holiday for a long time. And the effects of this one seem to bare it out. Arriving back at work feeling so much better, I have decided that when it all came down to it, it wasn't drugs I needed, it was a holiday with Mark, Mum, Dad and the kids.


Lunch at Grandma's Bakery on the Federal Highway near Collector
Blue sky to entice Mark back
Rest. Fun. Stimulation. Sleep. Sun. Exercise. And a huge dollop of romance. (Imagine me rolling my eyes then add a bit of eyebrow waggling)

I hate seeing photos of myself, but love them of Mark enough  to include this one

Feeling mushy enough to post pictures of myself might be quite as insane as before but infinitely more enjoyable.





No comments:

Post a Comment