Saturday, October 5, 2013

Talking to myself

I wonder sometimes why I blog.

Who's listening?
Who do I want to listen?

Would I do it if it wasn't a public forum?

Mostly I guess I blog when I really need to say something. And I guess we all like to be heard, so I blog.

I don't think it would continue to have appeal if it were just a diary.

Does it bother me that hardly anyone visits? Not really, this isn't common fodder, or scintillating specialness - so it isn't going to attract bulk people or even a special audience.

Does it bother me that there are never any comments? Somewhat. 

Right at this moment there is a family gathered at the front of my house and they are all watching the black and white nose of Ponyo thrust under the gate. The family is walking away but the littlest lingers, lingers. He is hardly taller than my plants but he crouches lower, staring intently at Ponyo....and now he jumps up and skips off after his family.

1 comment: