Tuesday, January 17, 2012

In Heaven :)


I think Dad has managed to side step death and go straight to the good stuff.
He is in Narooma and has found himself a band. Can it get any better?


Below, Mum is watching and seems to be enjoying herself well enough. But I know Dad is loving it. (Check out Mum's foot, she is tapping along)


 Retiring? I don't think so!
If this is Dad's heaven, I wonder what Mum's would be? I have a suspicion that living back in hot, dry Junee and surrounded by the relatives, is Mum's idea of heaven.


There is something admirable and clean and strong about a passion for the country. It isn't an easy love. You have to fight for it.


And she has now-on many occassions. She's not at all fearless. She knows all too well what these fires can cost. And knows there is no knowing what they will do. But somehow I think she almost doesn't approve of the easier climate of the coast. (I am so going to cop it if she ever reads this)


But you know- this loyalty to Junee is what makes her a spectacular mother. It is about 'home' and my whole life is founded on her commitment to it.
How lucky am I to have been raised by someone who loves to have fun; who can be joyful in mowing a green lawn? And by another whose deepest faith is in home and family?

No comments:

Post a Comment