Saturday, August 13, 2011

And the house by day reveals more!

 First thing this morning, Kate had a flute lesson and as the new road into the suburb was open, making it easier to drive from old to new house, we did a drive by.
 Kate went round the side and pointed out what I hadn't noticed the night before in the dark...
 They have put the piping in for hot and cold water!
 So here we are on the 13th with a roof frame and some plumbing and some bricks.
 It has been a week of noteworthy progress
After I dropped her off at the lesson, I went carpet shopping. Before I accepted the contract on the house, I went and got a quote on carpet to make sure that it was going to add up to an affordable bundle. I haven't checked my figures from today but I have a sinking feeling that it was significantly more expensive today than in March/April when I first asked. I am peeved and annoyed and somewhat worried. I have been to Carpet One and Carpet Choice.
I am waiting on Carpet Choice's estimate, but the estimate from Carpet One is that I need 62.5(m?) of timber laminate and 16-17m of carpet. All up laid I am looking at $8,300. (Builder's range). I think that is about a thousand more than the original price I was guestimated. Hurrumph


No comments:

Post a Comment