Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Progress Payments

Today I received an invoice for my next progress payment. It's the frame stage one, and definitely looking at it, I have a frame! I still don't have a receipt for the slab payment so I sent off an email reminder tonight.

I also received a call from the kitchen company, About Kitchens to say that they had commenced construction of my cabinets and asked for the sum that I will be paying over and above the allowance in my contract. The contract allowed for $8k for the kitchen. Before I signed the contracts, I needed to make sure that I could actually get a kitchen for that much. The allowance is worked out based on the cost of the house, not necessarily the kitchen that the architect sketches into the space shown as kitchen.

I went to About Kitchens which is the one that my builder, Solid Constructions use. I explained that my budget had no budge in it! The kitchen they drew up for me came in at about $10 under. Then I added the waterfall edges and that pushed it over a little.

The Kitchen. The island is in two shades of Mocha and the cupboard doors are just off white. No doubt it will date badly. The bench top around the stove is also in the mocha colour.
The laundry on the other hand, had a budget of just $1500 and I blew that by as much as the kitchen! All the cupboards and the hanging rail over the bench were over the budget. But a house must have cupboards!

The Laundry. Space for washing machine on right and under bench space for dryer on left. My current dryer is wall hung and I can't actually reach the things in it! To the right of the cabinetry will be the linen press.

No comments:

Post a Comment