Thursday, September 15, 2011

I still have a cold

I still have a cold and knowing my colds, I am going to have it tomorrow and the next day and the one after that and....

So I figured there was no point staying home all day. I might as well go to work, keep things ticking along while convincing the other MAB folk that I was diseased and it would be best to keep their distance.

One of my jobs is to keep his inbox under control. Seriously? His inbox is like my girls bedroom. Well almost. So I accept invitations for him, delete rubbish and look for urgent things that could get overlooked.
When he is away or I am away, then they simply accumulate faster than possible. When I started, 5 weeks ago he had 4200 emails. Now he has 4700 in his inbox.
His inbox is the only reason I am glad he has got a position somewhere else for three months. Maybe Emma will have better luck.

40 emails awaited me in my inbox to sort through and there is no point at all trying to estimate how many in Peter's inbox. So I waded through inboxes. Prepared a report. Tidied loose ends and felt as sick as a dog. I made the mistake of eating lunch and that was the undoing of me.

Just as I made my mind up to call it a day Cheryl rang from Solid Constructions to sort out the final details of the variations to the contract. (Variations are the things that I want that were not in the original contract.. like my stove)
Cheryl is lovely. She makes lots of apologies to me for the way things have to be done, but as I haveworked the other side of the counter, she doesn't need to. I know that with customers changing their minds, the fiddling around is time consuming and time is money.

Anyway, what she needed me to sort was door handles. So on my way home I had to stop and buy a front door lock. I had bought the internal ones already.
I felt so sick and as usual I had to wait forever at this particular hardware place. I will never willingly shop there ever again. Every single time, the sexist way they treat female customers makes my blood boil. Men get served but I can't even get them to meet my eyes!

But who cares... because lovely Cheryl said that the house could be finished in as few as 6 weeks. I won't hold my breath but.......

No comments:

Post a Comment