Monday, September 12, 2011

September 12

Well today has seen a few things happen.
Today I got the quote for the extras that I talked with Mark about during the walk through. As I guessed, they amounted a sizable sum of money. I am now looking at them and deciding which things to remove after all.
One thing I am reasonably sure I will do is seek a quote elsewhere for the cement for the pergola area. Mark's business is building, not cementing so getting some one to do that work is just an extra job for him. And rightfully, extra work deserves extra pay. So I might as well do the work on that myself.
 
As well as the quote, today I wrote a letter to the Govt about the plans for the next door house. I think it is ridiculous that i have to complain about it... because it isn't even legal. Well whatever.. I have written the letter and sent it off.

But there has been better news! look at the photos and what do you see?
Tiles!
2 things to note:
1. They are not as dark as they look in this photo and
2. They are darker than I realised. 
They look really nice though but I am a tad frightened about how hot they will be.

2 comments:

  1. I posted a very late farewell to Audrey and have bookmarked your new blog. Won't the roof tile color become lighter over time with exposure to the sun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very pleased to hear your voice again! I noticed you were on line the other day but I wasn't in world myself. I hope everything is going well for you and you are enjoying your retirement!

    ReplyDelete