Saturday, November 12, 2011

And the sun rises

And the sun rises on the first day of home ownership!
At 7am I had an appointment to meet the electrician to drop off the oven and cook top. Well I thought it was an appointment. Turned out I was just to leave it. So single handed (the way it is when you are a sole parent) I got the oven out of the car and into the house. Very conscientious knee bending during lifting took place because this weekend a busted back would be very, very undesirable.
Almost as soon as I had it inside, Corey arrived. I chided him on his timing!
I put my makeup on in my new bathroom and set off to work. Transact were on their way and I had left the house open for them. I made a plan on the way to work. I need a drill to put up my curtain rods and all the associated hardware.

So it was while running through Bunnings that I heard my phone ring. Transact. They can't connect the internet and phone as they can't enter the house without supervision. I call Bill. He can't get there. I get ready to ring work and head back to Bonner. Before I could make it through the check out, Transact rang again to tell me that the power wasn't working so they were off.
Darn! Well we know how much the Net is part of my life so this is a major blow.

But the sun was shining and my plan was to roll with whatever came next. 
By the time I got to work, I was barely any earlier than usual but I did pick up a lovely hot chocolate with soy and bacon and eggs in half a Turkish bun. Delish!

Work was fun. Plenty to do and a good variety. I checked with Matt from Sumo Concreting and he is coming on Monday.

Finally made it out of work and to the house to discover that the He (the never present carpet lay-er) has finished 2 rooms. Sigh! 

But the power is on. And the instantaneous hot water does get warm after about 7 litres of water has gone down the drain.

OK! No Stress! Rethink. I have two rooms I can set up and that is where the most will be moved to. I have a garage I can fill. I am still going to move furniture this weekend.

I headed home and loaded up with curtain rods, curtains and kitchen gear and Erin. We unloaded. Wandered until it got dim and I tried to guess what light bulbs I needed to get the kitchen lit. Then off we went and fetched Maccas and home.

I am set now for serious business. I need to drag Bill out of bed and get him to drive me to van land and then it is on in earnest!


No comments:

Post a Comment