Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Red Letter Day

I should be over the moon today but my girls are at each other's throats and it has made me almost too sad to feel the satisfaction I should be feeling. Plus I now have a very worn nose from the beginning of hayfever season. Sigh

Anyway!

Today Cheryl contacted me to make an appointment for the pre-settlement walk through!
Mark and I will meet a week tomorrow and if I am satisfied with everything, I pay the money and take the keys!
The carpet can be laid if I am satisfied and ditto the concrete.
So I could be moving in very soon indeed!

I dropped by the house today.
 The plumber has been. The toilets are in, and vanities. Mixer and plumbing to kitchen. Water tank.
And the most horrible taps that I have been dreading ever since the project began.
I can not believe it. From the very outset I have insisted that I wanted better taps. And on and on it went with me trying to get an unambiguous answer.
Cheryl said ask Joe or the plumbing supplier.

The fellow at the plumbing store said 'elcheapo dome taps'.

So I hunted on Ebay. Got loads of quotes.

I was ready to buy then Joe talked me out of it. Took me to some one's house and showed me the inclusions there. Better taps.
I relaxed.
Deleted all the research.

And today they installed bad taps.
The good and the bad and ugly
I have spent some time this evening, re-researching the tap story all over again. I hope if I can get better taps to him, Mark can have them installed for me.

Better news: Originally I was quoted $2.5K for the concrete. The price rose a couple of times. Today I got a fresh quote for just $1628. Thank heavens. I will probably ring the fellow tomorrow and see what he thinks about Friday next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment