Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day 4 in the house

It is day 4. Nothing much has really changed except that things are a little cleaner. A few more things have been moved around.
There are groceries in the cupboards.
I am in love with this house.
I love it being neat.
The kids have no junk here yet so all I have to pick up are tissues and glasses.
It's bliss.
The family room above looks much as it did on move-in day. But it feels peaceful. The whole house does. I do.
There is still no carpet in one of the bedrooms as they ran out. The hall still isn't finished being boarded. the ran out of those too. And the layerer has blocked off the access to taps and drains for the dishwasher. But I am still feeling peaceful.

The concretor has come and done his job.

I called 3 people from the Chronicle. Sumo Concretors, D Concreting and one other who shall remain nameless.
Daniel from D Concreting got straight back to me. So I give him 10/10 for prompt service. Unfortunately he got pipped at the post by Matt at Sumo Concreting for price. There wasn't a lot of difference, but at this point I need all the money I can get. I saved about $1.4K by not having it included in the house package.

The nameless concretor did not get back to me in the time frame he said he would. I rang to ask him if he had a quote yet. He called me 'mate' about 4 times and advised that he would get out and look at it in a couple of days 'mate'. It had already been a week. Minutes later I had the quote from Matt so I sent Mr x a txt message:
'Hey mate. I have accepted another blokes quote'

The most annoying thing about the building industry is how they treat women.

Matt however was great. Polite. Prompt. All that I could ask for.

A contrast with my experience with FAW in Mitchell. I spent about 45 minutes standing at their front desk all up. All I wanted was a brochure for a door and to be pointed in the direction of their door handles so I could choose.

And now to see if I can quickly construct two beds!

No comments:

Post a Comment