Thursday, November 3, 2011

So nearly finished!

Today the garage door was shut. So were the doors in my bedroom, so I couldn't spy through the windows to see if the taps had been looked into.
Let me take you on a tour through my ponderings...
The front: nothing amazing but will be calm with some green things planted in front.
I wish they would build the retaining wall where that hazard mesh is. I am more worried about my drive way falling in than  anyone person. Unless Pip visits...a Schiffmann and danger are magnetically attracted!
New front light- well what isn't new?
The light has a sensor. That way if the boogie man comes, it will flicker on and scare the gazockies out of me. I plan to fill the front yard with stony gravel so that it will crunch. If I hear crunch and see light..well I'm not sure what I will do. I hadn't got that far with my cunning plan. I will have to prepare a 'what next' plan.

Here is the backyard. it looks a bit bigger in real life. And is a nice break from being too close to neighbours without leaving me with acres of garden to maintain. If some one was keen on vegies, this would be a good place for them. I am not keen on vegies.

See water tank on right hand side. I can now water in summer if the tank has water in it.
This is looking towards the road on the northern 'sunny' side.
The builder has sculptured the yard a little. You can see a bit of a ledge has been built out from the corner of the veranda. I will need some big rocks or a few bessa bricks of something.
Today I rang the 3rd fellow who I contacted asking for a quote for cementing the veranda. The first guy had ended up with a quote just over $2K. The second $1.6K.

The 3rd promised to have it in my mailbox by Wednesday. As today is Thursday I rang him for the quote. He told me he didn't have time yet 'mate'. And that he would probably go out tomorrow and leave the quote in 'your letter box mate'. I said there wasn't a letterbox. He treated me like I was being a smart arse and snarled 'then what do you put your mail in'. I reminded him again that it was a brand new house and there was no mail box yet. He said he would phone me.
...

I have rung my no.2 quote and sent my 'mate' a thanks but no thanks message.

 He clearly wished I had a husband to be his mate. I gather getting cementing quotes is not a girls job!

There is very little left to do. A big clean up and install the last few appliances when i am ready to move in. But very little else!

No comments:

Post a Comment