Friday, October 14, 2011

Blimey!

Today was a queer one that is for sure!

I got to the house at 8am to meet the tiler. I asked him to help me with the tiles and basically sometime then the penny dropped and he absorbed the information that I was using 800mm square tiles.

I talk to everyone and I talk a lot. So how the information hadn't made it to him by now leaves me shrugging and shaking my head.

Anyway, he told me quite frankly that he doesn't do those large tiles. He doesn't have the equipment for them and isn't able to afford the equipment for a one off.

I have long been preparing myself for this tile idea to fail. I don't know why. I guess it seemed like such a great idea there was bound to be some undoing in it.

So there was no getting the tiles out. But there was no getting on with my day. Pete says that Mark is waiting for me as he wants to talk about the concrete. A phone call later and Mark is on his way and I am getting in a tither because I need to get to work.

Mark and I wander round to the clothes line path and he blinks a couple of times because he can see as surely as I can that the path isn't going where it should. As we settled that, I told him that the tiles had come to a halt and I supposed I would need to get some extras.

Mark wasn't nearly ready to give up and pressed Pete for some ideas. Between the two of them some one remembered a crowd in Queanbeyan who laser cut. I was nominated to research that.

However, Mark announces that next week should see the painting done and 4 weeks until finished.

I jump into the car with a head full of thoughts to sort out. I have the girls with me as they are headed to the movies. I drop them off and I actually scramble into work on time!

But I feel bad because when I should be working I am worrying about tile cutting, paint choosing and then the girls ring up to say that Erin has just been sick in the Mall.

Blimey!

No comments:

Post a Comment