Thursday, October 27, 2011

Hopeless

Ok- so taking a photo of light cream tiles through a very dirty window in the oncoming gloom of evening is completely hopeless.
So the photo I took will not be seen. Instead I will simply say that today those tiles have been installed as the kitchen splashback.
Was it worth all the trouble?
Not sure. The whole effect looks a lot more bland than I thought. I guess the best thing to do is wait until the floors are in and furniture and paintings and so on.
It's not bad bland, by the way. But looking through the window you won't think a genius put this kitchen colour scheme together.

The painter has put a second coat on things and done the outside downpipes. I noticed that one of the downpipes hasn't been installed yet, so I must remember to keep an eye on it. And as you can see, the pergola has been painted too. I am so glad there is a handrail. Now I can call the area a veranda!

The canaries will live on the veranda :)

I need to make a list of the things I still have to do- cement is on my mind right now but never seems to be in the business time of day!

By the way, when I went to the house today, I happened to wander down the road just in time to meet the other family that Solid Construction are building for. (I guess that a better sentence would be 'for whom Solid Constructions are building a house' but that sounds so stuffy) Well most of the family was in the car and I spoke to Dad! Sounds like they are moving in next week. Lucky things.

No comments:

Post a Comment