Saturday, October 22, 2011

With a little bit of Deck,....

With a little bit of deck
with a little bit of deck
with a little bit of deck she'll move right in!
Hand railing 
I am just a touch in love with my hand railing. Just to be saved from that worry. I really was doing my best to ignore something I didn't have a clue how to go about getting sorted. It is the sort of small job that it is almost impossible to get done in Canberra. In Canberra you need a big job or you will be flat out getting anyone to come and quote.

u-turn drain pipe

I think that this piece of plumbing is to stop the water backing up into the roof if the water tank fills. I think that is what it is?? Well I know that is what I think it, but I don't know if it is what I think it is.

And guess what else happened today? The fellow installed all the eves and some new finishing trims to door frames.

Eaves!
I called up Serafin Glass in Queanbeyan today and asked if it would be possible for them to give me a hand. Trying to measure a slippery shiny tile accurately with a pencil and a very bad tape measure has been giving me the willies.

The very lovely fellow at Serafin has said that if I give them the measurements, they will be able to do it for me. The suggestion is that if I go on Monday at 9am, they will see if they can do it then and there, otherwise I will return another day. It can't be any fairer than that.

The stain test was a success. After 24 hours of tomato sauce and soy sauce mixed with oil and curry powder and exposure to harsh domestic cleaning chemicals, it still looks perfect.

So with the tile issue nearly sorted and the hand rail sorted, I am heaving gusty sighs of relief!


Oh and I am calling the house Jane. Plain Jane on the outside but lovely when you know her!



No comments:

Post a Comment