Monday, October 24, 2011

Painting on Monday

Today the girls and I leaped out of the car into a downpour and dashed inside.
Looking down the hall into the loo!
The radio was blaring and the painter still hard at work. It is amazing how much he had done in a day.
The eaves were painted.
Friday on left and Monday on right
The inside of the front door was painted.
The ceiling was painted
Kitchen with newly painted ceiling and cans of paint.

The manhole cover was painted too
Man hole cover
is this art?

He even had time for some artwork in the front hall!

The artwork was a bit of a mystery to me but was a little clearer when I looked longer at the manhole.
All the wall behind the manhole cover is spray painted. And there was a pumpy thing in the garage. Looking at the artwork some more I am wondering if some one's hose got away from them?

The cans of paint in the family room were revealing. In the past when I have built houses, I have selected paint,  given the card to the builder and then the painters have tinted whatever their choice of paint was to the nearest colour they could be bothered with. In Sunbury this was a contentious point as the colour was really almost nothing like what we had chosen. We didn't mind the colour though, and Danny Gavaghan was such a good builder we let it slide.

This time, when I gave him the Wattle Tibetan Snow details, I really expected some random off white colour. I was very pleasantly surprised to find genuine Wattyl Tibetan Snow cans stacked in the kitchen. That counts as a big tick for me!

This morning I dropped off the tiles at Serafin Glass to be cut. They couldn't do it then and there as the fellow had suggested on Friday. I wasn't outraged at all, it meant I could get back to work without hanging round. They will call when done. Hopefully tomorrow.

Meanwhile I am going to try and drop the light fittings off to Cheryl tomorrow. I still don't have spotlights for the pergola or clothes line areas.

And I chatted with Michael the aircon man. He says the Fujitsu option is a very good one but is troubled about which wall to put it on. He is going to quote a couple of suggestions. I have a feeling it is getting expensive already, just because of the complications- no negative feelings about Michael. :)

I do have negative feelings about my toes which have new blisters on them from new shoes!

And I will add that the rain that wanted to soak us on our way in vanished once we were inside :)

No comments:

Post a Comment